Customer Account Access Online
Customers can access their account on your company's website using the My Account login page. Within this section is access to manage billing and shipping addresses, login information, view orders, manage subscriptions and more. When creating new customer accounts or assisting a customer by updating their account information; we recommend a best practice to match the customer's username to their email address.
Customer Account Access and Passwords
Customer Password Requirements
- minimum 8 characters
- must include 1 numerical digit
- must include at least one english letter
- does not require a scheduled reset
Forgot Password Tool
There are four possible login points of entry on your website which customers can access their account information.
- My Account
- Allocation Login
- Checkout Cart
- RSVP Widget
From any of these pages, a customer may click [Forgot Password] which redirects to a new page to confirm their account using their account username.
Example Account Login:
Example Password Reset Request:
If Account is not verified:
If an unknown username is entered a validation message is displayed.
If Account is verified:
When a correct username entered, confirmation message is displayed.
Password Reset Tool (Admin Control Panel)
From the customer card in the eCellar Admin Control Panel, POS or ResMgr, you can trigger a password reset email to be sent to the customer. Be sure to verify their email address is correct.
Password Reset Email (sample):
Example Password Reset page:
Account Unique Identifiers
In addition to a Customer ID number, all customer records are now validated directly in the database for duplicate usernames. Accounts are not allowed to have duplicate usernames.
Customer Account Lockout
If a customer tries to login to your site and enters the wrong password 5 times within 1 minute, their account will be locked out for an hour. They can try again an hour later, or they can clear the lock by doing a password reset using the new 'Forgot Password' tool.
If you would like to change these custom lock out settings, please contact eCellar Support Team.
Customer Account Disable Tool
Need to disable a customer record from accessing their online information and/or placing an order online? A new tool in the Customer card allows you to manage their access.
- How can my customer reset their password?
- From any login page, a customer can click 'Forgot Password' to initiate the reset process. This is available on: My account, Allocation, Checkout Cart, and RSVP Widget.
- Can I reset a customer's password for them?
- No. From the customer card, you can trigger a "Password Reset' email to be sent to thier email address on file. Then, they can reset their own password.
- What are the requirements for a customer's password?
- Customer passwords are required to be at least 8 characters, and must include one letter and one number. They are not required to be reset after 90 days.
- My customer doesn't have an email address in their record, and they forgot their password. How can they log in?
- If a customer doesn't have an email address, they will not be able to use the 'Forgot Password' feature. You can enter an email address into their customer card then they, or you, can send a 'Reset Password' email
- Can I merge [maskedpassword] fields into my campaign or custom reciepts to help my customers access their account?
- No. All merge fields that include [password] and [maskedpassword] are no longer available.
- We usually export consumer login information (usernames and passwords) for mail merge onto our release letters. Can I still do that?
- Customer usernames are still available for export. Passwords can no longer be accessed. All passwords are salt/hashed and one-way encrypted, which means they cannot be seen or retreived by anyone.
- What password is assigned to a new customer record?
- All new customer records created in the POS and the ACP are assigned a randomly generated password that cannot be seen anywhere.
- When a customer creates their own account in the shopping cart or on the website, they can set their own password to meet the new requirements.