An Allocation Event allows you to manage the sale of scarce wines within a set period of time. Products and quantity limits are defined by each tier of customers. An allocation event is often also called an Offering or a Release event.
Permission Required: To access all Allocation settings, your user account must be enabled with the permission for Allocation to access the sub-menu options. Contact your eCellar User Manager for assistance.
To create a new event, go to Allocation > Events from the Admin Control Panel, then select Add a new Allocation Event.
Create a new Allocation Event
Read the steps below to learn more about each field in the allocation event settings.
- Enter the Name for your Allocation Event. This is for internal use only, and is not visible to the customer. Often, event names are a similar style to the codes used for each corresponding allocation tier.
- The Description field is an HTML ready form to add welcome text for the store. When a customer is logged into their account and active for an allocation offer, this block of text will display above the product list. This is a great place to include hyperlinks to shipping policies and/or product pdfs, as well as explain any deadlines, wish granting instructions and other helpful information for your customers.
- Enter the Begin date for the start of the event in this format: mm/dd/yyyy. At 12:00am on this date, allocated customers will be able to access their offer and begin purchasing.
- Enter the End date for the close of the event in this format: mm/dd/yyyy. At 12:00pm on this date, customers will no longer have access to login and purchase products.
- Ignore orders before ( optional): Use this date (in mm/dd/yyyy format) as a threshold to limit the customer's lifetime purchase history from reducing their allocated amounts. If a customer has already purchased a wine in the allocation event, and you do not want to count their previous purchase against their buying maximum, then enter the Start date of the event into this field. Meaning, all orders before the Start date will be ignored from their allocated amounts.
- Ship Dates (optional): If specific ship dates or a shipping window is available, use the calendar to select ship dates. during the online checkout process, when a customer selects to ship their order they will also be required to select a ship date from the list available. Providing ship dates for an allocation event will create Hold Ship orders with a future ship date.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page to save changes. All fields are editable after it's been saved.
Once the top portion of the Allocation Event is completed (steps 1-7 above), a new selection will be available to connect an Allocation Tier and assign products.