Multi-Ship Orders and Workflow
This is the basic workflow for processing a Multi-Ship Order - That is one order per-recipient, billed to one (or more) of the a Billing Customer's credit cards.
Review this article on Multi-Ship overview and terminology especially if this is your first time setting up a multi-ship order, or if you only do it occasionally.
Permission Required: To access the Multi-Ship settings, your user account must be enabled with the permission for Multi-Ship. Contact your eCellar User Manager for assistance.
Important Details to Know About Multi-Ship
|Before uploading the Multi-Ship Spread Sheet:||
|Preparing the Upload Spread Sheet:||
New Customers (Created via ‘yes’ in the Upload Spread Sheet):
|Settlement: (See this article for details)||
- Successful Multi-Ship processing requires a high level of attention to detail. Try to avoid distractions and not be in a rush. If this is your first time using the Multi-Ship Module in eCELLAR be sure to read this article: Multi-Ship Overview and Terminology.
- If a mistake is made that requires voiding ALL orders in a batch, it would require: 1. Void the transaction via the OE portal, and 2. A bulk update of the status for the set of orders will need to be performed by eCELLAR Development and would be billed accordingly.
Best Practice: When preparing for a Multi-Ship order it can be useful to create a test order with two or three test recipients to simulate your upcoming Multi-Ship order. Then, after the order details can be confirmed for the shipment, these orders can then be cancelled.
- Create, or find the customer record, to use as the billing account for your orders. Note the Customer ID.
- Ensure that the desired credit card has been added to the customer account.
- Download the Excel spreadsheet template and populate it. Refer to the GUIDELINES Sheet within the Excel spreadsheet for additional instructions and details for each column.
- Do NOT alter the column headers (row 1). The exception is SKU columns, which can be added to or deleted after the end of first SKU.
- Ensure that all the required columns with GREEN and ORANGE headers are populated and contain valid values per the Guidelines tab.
- Save the populated file as an XLS or XLSX Excel document.
To Upload Your Orders:
- Review your spreadsheet for accuracy.
- Ensure the Bill Customer ID number is correct for each order and populated in each corresponding line in column A.
- Choose the file > Upload.
- If there are errors with the Bill Customer Number (column A) or the column header (Row 1) the upload will fail, and error messages will appear with specific fixes.
- All order error messages (noted in red and defined in the yellow banner) must be fixed in the Upload Spreadsheet and re-uploaded before orders can be created.
Download the Multi-Ship template from eCELLAR: From the ORDER tab > Multi-Ship > Upload Orders
To Prepare for Uploading:
Multi-Ship Order Preview
Billing and Recipient Information:
- Billing Customer information can be confirmed immediately above orders for that customer.
- Review all details of the customer information and order details before creating the orders.
- Notice the following:
1. Whether a new account will be created, or not.
2. Ship Rate: Will default to regular daily rates if no ship rate is indicated in the upload spreadsheet.
3. Confirm product SKU and quantities.
- Set the Order Channel, Sales Rep, and Payment method for each Billing Customer.
- Double check that the payment method is accurate.
- Name your batch. Use a brief title as this is recorded in the order and searchable > Create Orders
Note: Clicking CREATE ORDERS is the culmination of the steps above, and assumes everything has been checked for accuracy. Changes may require billable action by eCELLAR Development Team to reverse.
Multi-Ship Upload Results:
- Includes a recap of the orders and new accounts created and hyper links to the orders and new customer accounts.
- This can be reviewed from the ACP menu via Orders > Mutli-Ship > Last Uploaded Results, until a new upload is performed, or the user either logs out or for Enterprise clients if the user changes brand context.
Additionally, after Multi-Ship upload, it can be useful to contact the billing customer at this time to ensure their bank will authorize the total charge amount in order to prevent declined orders.
Details for the settlement can be found in this article.
Print a Receipt
A receipt can be printed for the batch my clicking on the PDF icon on the Multi-Ship Settlement Page.
You can add a personalized message at the top of the PDF
In this case the batch has two Billing Customers.
Customer Type Update
- After the upload is complete, you can perform a Customer Search with the following criteria: Create date > Today, and Customers NOT (minus sign) > select all customer types.
- Complete the Bulk Modify using the directions in this article.