We now allow clients, who subscribe to Terminal Manager, to add, modify, reset, and delete unlimited POS terminals at their winery brand(s). Now available to our winery clients, this tool has been used internally by eCellar staff for over a decade to manage POS terminals. For those who have complex arrangements of POS terminals at their winery brand(s), this tool will be indispensable!
NOTE: in order to have this functionality, you must subscribe to the Terminal Manager service (an installation and monthly charge applies), and given user permissions to access the following screens.
Navigating to Terminal Manager
Terminal Manager is located at POS > Terminal Admin:
Viewing the Terminal Manager List
Once in Terminal Manager, you will see POS terminals for the selected brand. Note that each terminal has:
- Terminal ID: A unique identifier, created by eCellar, that is assigned to this profile which is used to identify orders for this terminal via Search->Orders.
- Terminal Name: A descriptor which is created by the user during initial creation, and can be edited later. Click to edit a terminal.
- The Location where this terminal is physically. This allows you to select the default pull location for this specific terminal in Company->Txn Source Locations.
- The default Quickpick set assigned to this terminal.
- The terminal's current Status, which can be
- In Use: The Terminal ID is assigned to a physical terminal. Every order originating from this terminal will have the Terminal ID of this terminal.
- Available: This terminal ID is currently unused, and needs to be assigned.
- Assigned Date: Date of assigning this POS profile to an actual POS Physical Terminal
- Assigned By: The user who assigned this Terminal profile to the physical terminal.
- Function - delete: A terminal cannot be deleted if it is in use.
- Please note that deleting a terminal also removes the future ability for you to search against orders with that terminal ID.
Adding a New Terminal
Creating a new physical terminal is easy! Simply follow the steps below:
- Enter a name for this terminal
- Select the physical location of this terminal
- Select the default Quickpick set for this terminal
- Click on Add Terminal button to create this terminal
You will now see this terminal on the Terminal List, and is now available to edit and register.
IMPORTANT: Once this terminal is created, you need to go into Company-Txn Source Locations and select the default pull-location for this terminal.
Editing a Terminal
Editing a terminal is necessary to access additional settings for new and existing terminals, such as automatic email, tip line, print receipts, or POS tabs, or reset an existing terminal in which cache has been cleared (the POS has lost it's terminal id, and has reverted to Virtual Terminal).
To edit an existing Terminal, click on the Terminal Name.
You can then edit any of the following, and click Save:
- Terminal Name: The name of this terminal
- Location: Where this terminal is located, as defined by Company-Locations
- Inventory Location: The default inventory location (Company-Locations) that will be pulled from for transactions processed on this terminal
- The Payment Gateway: As defined in the Company-Transaction Source Locations
- Quickpick Set: The default Quickpick set of products that shows when launching this Terminal
- In Use: If this terminal is registered (via POS->Manage).
NOTE: If a registered terminal reverts to Virtual Terminal, click here to release & re-register this terminal.
- Print Receipts: Set this to automatically print receipts for every transaction on this terminal
- Has EMV: Click this if the terminal is connected to a credit card reader from Open Edge
- Email Receipts: Set this to automatically email receipts to the consumer (if attached to this order) for every transaction
- Save New Credit Cards: Set this to automatically save the credit card provided for each transaction
- Show order Tabs: Click this to enable and show tabs for saved, unpaid, orders on physical terminals (not available for virtual terminals)
- Tipping: Off by default, select either Touchscreen for iPad-based tipping, or Use Printer for tipping via printed receipt. When either mode is selected, Tip % Defaults can be edited and saved. Tipping can be turned off at any time.
NOTE: Tipping is only available on Physical Terminals (with a Terminal ID).
- Last Assigned On & Assigned By are read-only, and updated when a terminal is registered.
Deleting a Terminal
You can only delete a terminal when it is not in use.
PLEASE NOTE: if you delete a terminal, orders with that terminal it will not be searchable Search->Orders.