In Spring of 2023 we added the ability to create Vouchers, and use them as tender in the POS.
Helpful Details About Vouchers:
- To create Vouchers the User Permission "Vouchers" must be granted.
- Vouchers are created outside of eCELLAR and can be distributed as the winery desires.
- Voucher must be added to the ACP and can be used as tender in the POS.
- Best Practice is to make sure all Sales Reps / Users know that vouchers should be treated as cash.
Voucher Case / Workflow:
- The winery adds a Voucher for Vino Bike Tours (for example) in the ACP.
- Vouchers are produced (outside of eCELLAR) for Vino Bike Tours.
- Vino Bike Tours distributes vouchers as they see fit or as agreed upon with the winery.
- A customer / guest arrives at the winery and uses the voucher for payment.
- In the POS, the voucher payment method is selected, and the Vino Bike Tours Voucher is selected.
- The voucher value is entered.
- The order is saved or processed accordingly.
- The processed voucher payments are marked as Paid.
- The user abides by the winery's SOP for handling used vouchers.
Creating a Voucher Type:
- Under the Company Tab choose Vouchers > click Add Voucher in the top right of the screen.
- Enter the Voucher Type Name, click the box for Active, and Save.
Using a Voucher as Tender in the POS:
- Customer account is associated with the order (best practice, not mandatory).
- Product is added to the order, as usual.
- Payments: For one payment choose the tender type Voucher.
- Select the Voucher.
- Enter the voucher amount and, if necessary add and confirm the balance for a second payment > PLACE ORDER.
- In the ACP, vouchers may be flagged Active or Inactive. Inactive vouchers will not be listed in the POS, except when already used in a saved order.
- Vouchers may not be used on web sites.
- Voucher information will be shown on all receipts and order detail views.
Vouchers Search and Reports:
- Search: Voucher data can be searched for using the Payment Search form:
- Inactive vouchers remain for search.
- For Enterprise clients the brand is identified.
- Reports: Voucher data is reported in the Payment Type report in both General and Finance report categories.
- Vouchers are also present in Reports > Printable > Print With Page Breaks
- The Voucher Type name is used when voucher payments are present in the order.