Campaigns are now categorized by three different Campaign Types; Customers, Memberships and Reservations. If your winery uses the eCellar Club Module, then you have access to send email campaigns leveraging merge fields with nearly every data-point of a club subscription. Create customized content that your members will love to see with merge fields such as member's subscription details; including club tier, pickup or ship preferences, billing and shipping address and payment information.
See the full list of available merge fields for Membership Campaigns here >
Check out this sample Membership Campaign for a wine club welcome email, with real data merged into the launched campaign. for reference, compare the merge fields in the launched campaign to the preview placeholder format.
Create a Membership Campaign
When creating a new campaign, first select the Campaign Type > Memberships. This will populate the available merge fields specifically for club subscriptions. Merge fields are available for the subject line and the body content of the campaign.
Be Careful: Most wineries use internal names for club tiers. To avoid sharing these internal names with your customers, we've built a new PUBLIC CLUB TIER NAME field. Go to Club > Tiers and edit EACH tier to create a Public Club Tier Name which will be used as the merge field content. As a placeholder, the Public Tier Name is pre-filled with the existing tier name.
Create a Target Recipient Group
Membership campaigns can only be sent to Membership recipient groups. These are created by saving a search in the NEW SEARCH - this form has all of the same criteria (and more) as the club section in the legacy customer search.
- Go to Search > Memberships. Select [clear form] in the upper-right, if you've already created searches today!
- Select the desired criteria in the form. Note: the form defaults to active memberships only.
- Link in additional forms if needed. (more on this below.)
- At the result list, use the Function Toolbar to select Save Search.
-- Now it will be available as a target group in your new Membership Campaign.
Creative Search Tools for New Target Groups
In addition to selecting club tiers, here's a few other ideas for creating Membership Target groups:
- Use Ship/Pickup status and create a campaign just for your pick up customers, especially if you need to communicate a specific will-call policy.
- Add an Orders form to search for members [+] orders that are still waiting to be picked up (by adding a billing status of Paid and a shipping status of To Pick Up.)
- Add a Customers form to search for members [+] purchase history to customize a campaign based on specific products purchased or lifetime spending history.
- For GEMS members, add a Customers form to search for members [+] purchase history within a specific date range (calendar year, last 12 months, etc.) to find customers that qualify or are close to qualifying for GEMS status.
Need some help creating your target membership groups? We recommend scheduling a short training appointment with the Support Team to assist re-building customer groups with the new Search tools.
All pre-existing campaigns (created prior to 4/27/17) are Customer Type campaigns; because they are sent to customer groups, and based on customer search criteria. Existing campaigns may be changed to a new campaign type. Use some caution and be sure to check the result after switching. If you switch types and a merge field from the prior type is still in the subject or body, it will be removed (automatically) when the campaign type is switched. Each set of merge fields is specific to the type of campaign.
Important note: All saved target customer groups prior to this deployment will remain available to legacy campaigns only. If you remove an old customer group from a campaign, you will not be able to re-select it as a target group.